What does this Policy cover?
Taking care of your information is important to us.
In this policy, "personal data" means any information that lets us identify you or the device you use when you access and interact with winsnetwork.org including your name, address, phone number, email address, identification number (for you or your device), location data, or any attribute that may be linked to you as an individual.
If you are under 18 years old, we encourage you to discuss your use and engagement of winsnetwork.org with your parents or guardian. If you are younger than 13 years old, you need to make sure that your parents or guardian consent to you sharing your information with us through winsnetwork.org
What is not covered by this Policy?
How do we protect your personal data?
We are committed to collecting minimal personal data. The aim of winsnetwork.org is to be helpful to you and make you feel safe as you use it and interact with its content and features.
- Where we use third parties to host winsnetwork.org or to provide services to us, we have implemented the necessary contractual arrangements to ensure the confidentiality and security of any personal data shared with them.
- We will not sell your personal data.
- We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the stated purposes except to the extent required by regulations applicable to us.
- We will take all reasonable and necessary technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data.
What types of personal data may winsnetwork.org collect and process?
As stated above, we are committed to collect only minimal personal data.
When you use this site, we and our third-party service providers may collect information about you and your device through automated means, such as cookies and web server logs. The information collected in this manner may include your IP address, network location, what browser you are using, device IDs and characteristics, operating system version, language preferences, referring URLs, and information about the usage of this site.
By using this site, you consent to the placement of cookies and similar technologies in your browser in accordance with this policy.
We use this information, for example, to ensure that the site functions properly, to determine how many users have visited certain pages, or to prevent fraud. We may use IP address information to derive location of the device used to access the site.
To contact the WinS Network Secretariat
If you would like to contact the WinS Network Secretariat, we ask for your email, your name, the organization you work for and the country where you work. If you would like, you can also provide your phone number. This information helps us understand geographic locations where the WASH in schools programme is being implemented globally but also which organizations are involved in the WASH in schools programme. With your email, we will be able to send you any notifications o important events and where needed, request your participation in key Network activities and events.
Content created or submitted by individuals
Aside from being able to access the resources on WASH in schools available on the website, you also have the opportunity to be an active participant in global WinS network by sharing resources such as reports, journals and articles, publications, tools, on the work you and your organization do on WASH in schools.
How do we use your personal data?
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the information collection section above.
We may also use your personal data for things like:
- Monitoring the quality of the winsnetwork.org services, including our interactions with you
- Complying with our legal obligations.
Keeping your information confidential is important to us. We will only share your personal data internally or with third parties for specific and necessary purposes. Third parties are under contractual obligation to have in place data protection and privacy safeguards similar to ours, and they are permitted to handle the personal data they have access to only for specific and necessary purposes in accordance with our instructions. Personal data may be shared for the following main purposes:
- To third-party service providers solely to provide services to us, such as website hosting, data analysis, technology or infrastructure trouble shooting.
How can I control the handling of my personal data?
Where applicable and appropriate you may send an email to WinS Network secretariat at email@example.com to:
- obtain confirmation that your personal data is being processed, and request a copy of the personal data held about you
- ask that the personal data held about you be corrected or supplemented if such information is inaccurate or incomplete
- ask that we delete personal data that we hold about you, or restrict the way in which we use such information
- object to our processing of your personal data
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will only use and store your personal data for so long as it is required for the purposes it was collected for. We use your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights.
How do you keep my personal data secure and confidential?
We have in place reasonable commercial standards of technology and operational security to protect all personal data provided by individuals from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Only authorized personnel, who have been made appropriately aware of our privacy obligations, are provided access to personal data.
Last Updated: October 2021